by Pravesh Narwal on June 15, 2017
Have you ever thought of massaging your feet before bed??..Maybe you should start!
A short foot massage every now and then can really help us relax, particularly after a long day of standing up and walking around, when our feet tend to swell up. Also a feet massage before sleep really fight many things with in your body.
There are a couple of different massage techniques who promise certain health benefits. Like Therapeutic techniques, acupressure, aromatherapy,Reflexology.
Traditional Therapeutic techniques– For Relaxing the muscles and joints.
Acupressure — Improve general health by triggering points on your feet.
Aromatherapy –Scented oils massage for relaxation by acting upon multiple senses.
Reflexology — Improve internal organ function by massaging specific areas of the foot.
Most of these techniques need an expert for you. But there are some home remedis too that you could bring into your daily schedule.
1. You need a towel, bucket of hot warm water in which you could soak your feet easily upto your ankles, Golf ot table tennis ball, foot lotion.
2. Sit on chair and remove your socks and shoes if you wearing and be comfortable.
3. Thights should be parallel to each other, so that your both feets feels smooth and no extra pressure on one.
4. Put your feets in the water an around 10-20 minutes. As you do so, enjoy the warmth and rub your feet as you go. You are being your own heated foot massager.
5 You could simply close your eyes and breath normally concentrating between your eyes relaxing each muscles with in your body.
5. Now dry your feets with the towel.
6. Put a small ball (TT ball or Golf ball) on the floor, under the ball of one of your feet. Move your foot over the ball, rolling it up and back for 20-30 seconds. Then do same for your other feet.
( If you not have these balls in house simple use your thumb and fingers and massage every part of your sole fingers, metatarsal, arch, heel.)
7. Now rub some lotion on your feet with both hands. Firmly massage the sole of your foot with your thumbs .
(Rub lotion every part of sole). After you finish just wrap your feet into the towel and let them soak the lotion.
8. Congrats you are done !!
Here are the reasons why you would benefit form incorporating this into your daily routine.
1. Improves blood circulation.
2. Promotes sound sleep.
3. Fights anxiety and stress.
4. Alleviates back pain.
5. Reduces foot and other chronic pain.
6. Depression relief.
7. Lower Blood Pressure.
8. Give Relief in Headachs and Migraine.
9. Good to get rid of Sinus Infections.
10. Cure for Swelling of the Legs